Virtual Learning Leader/Tutor
Must be 18 years or older. Must have a desire and attitude to work with children of all ages in small or large group settings. Preferred 2-3 years of some type of childcare experience. Virtual Learning Leaders/Tutors must have good communication, organizational, and creative skills
All staff are required to be CPR/First Aid certified, which may be provided by the YMCA as needed. Additional required training is provided once certification is complete.
– Supervise a group of 10 students, acting as guardian, friend, disciplinarian, and mentor to all kids.
– Maintain a safe and healthy environment for students, while also following all YMCA rules/policies.
– Conduct small group, value-oriented, exercises on a daily basis whereby each student can grow physically, mentally, and socially.
– Report and discuss any concerns with the Site Director/Youth Director.
– Communicate effectively with other staff members and site leads.
– Complete training needed to work effectively.
– Apply proper discipline in a caring manner, conducting yourself appropriately while participating in all required activities with enthusiastic attitude.
– Familiarize yourself with and implement pre-planned activities.
– Assist struggling students with homework assignments or schoolwork.
– Understand the rules and guidelines put in place specifically for COVID-19 requirements, and help students understand those rules.
– Implement the YMCA safety protocol both related to COVID-19 and branch operations.
– Must be proficient in the use of computers to assist children with virtual learning.
– Able to maintain a clean, sanitized and neat space and assist others as assigned.
Effect on End Results
The role of a Virtual Learning Leader/Tutor is huge for Lewis and Clark County and the City of Helena, as we partner with them to provide a safe and effective distance learning environment for children on the days that they are not physically in their school. Our goal is to provide the support that our community needs to keep children learning their school work in a safe, fun and creative way.
Please e-mail your resume to Alex Reid at [email protected]