KEEPING OUR COMMUNITY SAFE
We want to let you know what steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our members, program participants, and community during this time.
Updated March 16, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Guided by our Mission and Values, the Helena Family YMCA (HFY) is supporting these new measures by immediately making the following changes:
- To reduce the risk to our most vulnerable COVID-19 populations,
- We are temporarily suspending morning group fitness and adult aquatics classes
- We are working diligently to accommodate those most impacted by this decision. We aim to be able to provide a digital alternative that will allow digital social connection as well as fitness alternatives.
- To reduce the risk of Social Spread caused by our programming
- We are temporarily postponing our floor hockey and volleyball leagues for 7 days (until 23 March 2020).
- We will reevaluate this decision on a weekly rolling basis based on the most current information we have from our local medical and public health officials.
To ensure the safest possible environment, We are implementing new procedures so all HFY employees will complete a new health screening every day when reporting to the HFY.
Any employee experiencing a persistent cough, fever, or shortness of breath will not be allowed to report to work until they have been symptom free for 72 hours.