Do you need help sticking to your New Year’s fitness goals? Check out these tips to help you set up and maintain a healthier lifestyle!
1. Determine Your Mental and Physical Readiness: Have confidence in your ability. Include friends and family, then choose a form of exercise you enjoy!
2. Create a Plan & Stick to It: When will you exercise, what days and at what times? Decide what you want to do for exercise, schedule it, and be consistent. Start small and
build from there.
3. Bring a Friend: Coordinate workouts with a friend for accountability, reduce the chances of bailing while also providing each other with inspiration. You’re in this together!
4. Take it Easy: New Year’s resolutions are great but thinking about your fitness goals as a lifestyle can further help you succeed.
5. Be Realistic: Set realistic, feasible, and achievable goals. Set yourself up for success by making small changes that increase over time. You’ve got this!
Your Helena Family YMCA has a great variety of classes and equipment for creating healthy habits in 2021! Visit the Fitness page on our website to reserve your spot in a class, or call to set
up an appointment with one of our personal trainers. We are here to help YOU make this your YOU Year!