Job Title: Marketing and Communications Assistant
Reports to: Marketing and Development Director
Work as part of the branch marketing, communications, and development teams. This position is responsible for supporting member marketing, public relations, and community outreach to support the leadership team.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Maintain a positive and welcoming attitude when interacting with members, potential members, customers, and staff, both in-person and over the phone
- Assist in promoting and processing membership enrollment, special program registrations, camp registrations, etc.
- Write and edit communications and marketing collateral (media materials, mission stories, wellness messages, newsletter, etc.)
- Assist managing data entry and development of our donor database (Bloomerang), e-mail distribution (Constant Contact), and website
- Assist in ongoing and special projects of the marketing, communications, and development department
- Track projects and media exposure
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or general education (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to follow directions and work with limited supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in both designing and writing marketing materials
- Knowledge of membership-based organizations, fundraising, social responsibility initiatives
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality concerning all professional manners, especially donor communications and private information
Apply online or send your resume to Alana, Marketing & Development Director, [email protected]